Good news today.
I have ordered the first proof copy for Star of Ashor’s print on demand paperback from Amazon.com’s kindle direct publishing.
I had to redo the manuscript in Microsoft Word to make it work properly; the manuscript I had made in Libre Office was simply not cutting it, and Libre Office lacks the features required to make a truly high quality manuscript.
If there is interest I can go over some of the things I had to do to export the manuscript, since it was not as straight forward as I’d have liked. Nevertheless, it was not too painful once I started to understand the workings of Word in that workflow.
The software pipeline I have found for self publishing is something of an effective, if, cobbled together chain; No single program has all of the features needed to do the job alone. I may go over the software that I use for writing and publishing at some point later but for now, know that the paperback proof is on its way and those interested in obtaining a physical copy of my work will be able to do so soon.
It’s been a long road thus far, but there is still no end in sight to it. Hopefully it will lead us somewhere exciting.